2020-21 Sessions TBD
2019-20 Sessions 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm
December 10, 2019
January 14, 2020
January 21, 2020
February 25, 2020
- Identify and diagnose the type and severity of an adverse reaction to contrast media.
- acquire appropriate skills to manage adverse contrast reactions effectively.
- Engage in teamwork and improve on crisis management in the recognition and treatment of adverse contrast reactions.
- Identify potential barriers to efficiently manage a contrast reaction.
STRUCTURE OF THE COURSE
- Simulations with interspersed debriefings
- Course evaluation
Attendees must review the Contrast Code Simulation resources prior to your training session to be adequately prepared.
Attendees are required to attend two lectures prior to the date of the training
session. Both lectures cover allergic reactions to contrast media, one lecture is
provided by Dr. Steven Zangan and the other is provided by Sherida Allen, RN, MSN, CRN