2021-2022 Sessions Faculty: September 18, 2021
1:00 pm to 4:30 pm Residents: September 14, 2021
October 5, 2021
November 9, 2021
January 18, 2022
Contact: Chief Residents (Raymond) Mark DeGuzman, MD or Jessica Telleria-Cano, MD to register.
- Identify and diagnose the type and severity of an adverse reaction to contrast media.
- Acquire appropriate skills to manage adverse contrast reactions effectively.
- Engage in teamwork and improve on crisis management in the recognition and treatment of adverse contrast reactions.
- Identify potential barriers to efficiently manage a contrast reaction.
STRUCTURE OF THE COURSE
- The simulation center is located on the 6th floor of Mitchell. Go to the left of the “T” elevators and follow the signs to the center. Https://simulation.uchicago.edu
- Orientation to simulation center and mannequins.
- Simulations with interspersed debriefings.
- Course evaluation.
Attendees are required to attend two lectures prior to the date of the training session. Both lectures cover allergic and physiologic reactions to contrast media, one lecture is provided by Dr. Steven Zangan and the other is provided by Sherida Allen, RN, MSN, CRN
BEYOND UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO
- Taught at the 2017, 2018 and 2019 University of Chicago Radiology Review
- Taught at the 2018 and 2019 RSNA Refresher Course